USE OUR FACILITIES
Cypress-Fairbanks ISD makes some areas of our school buildings available for rent to IRS non-profit community groups.
The items listed below are necessary for scheduling non-school events in our facilities:
- An insurance policy in the name of the organization listing CFISD as additionally insured and/or the certificate holder.
- Copy of IRS 501-c-3 Letter of Determination in the name of the renting group.
- For youth sports organizations, a roster of team members listing name, age, address, & school attended. (80% of participants must be CFISD students)
To schedule events at the Berry Center, please call 281-894-3900, and ask for the Event Coordinator.
Use of school facilities must be paid for as invoiced, usually in advance. Several factors determine the cost of renting school district facilities. Click on the appropriate link below to see a chart of rental rates. These rates are subject to revision at any time. Call the Facilities Use Department for the most current rate schedule:
CFISD School Board Policy has restricted some activities on school property in an effort to maintain our buildings and preserve them for the purposes intended, as well as to uphold certain standards for our students and our community. All school board policies, community regulations, and local, state and federal laws must be followed at all times.
- Facilities are not available to individuals or groups for the purpose of fundraising or making a profit.
- Most facility use requires district supervision. The cost of this is included in the hourly rate schedules provided above.
- Athletic events and usage involving physical activity must take place in athletic facilities, not in cafeterias, hallways, etc.
- Activities involving school-aged participants are not permitted in school facilities on the day prior to STAAR tests, regardless of the grade level being tested.
- Elementary schools are not available for use on school days until 6:45 p.m., due to the district’s after-school childcare program.
- District facilities and grounds will not be available to non-District groups for public demonstrations, rallies, or political events.
- No alcoholic beverages or tobacco products are permitted on school property, including outdoor areas.
- No open fires are permitted on district property, including cooking fires.
Who is eligible to rent one of your facilities?
What areas of your school buildings are available to outside (non-school) groups?
Can I just call my neighborhood school to request the use of a facility?
How do we get the insurance policy that the district requires for use of your facilities?
Can I use your facilities to have a fundraising event?
How much advance notice is necessary to reserve a facility?
Is it possible to rent a high school auditorium?
Can I reserve one of the open or unfenced fields for my team’s practices?
Why are your facilities closed to all youth on the day before STAAR testing?